How to use our service and some additional questions answered
We have designed the RamsToGo service to be as simple to use for the customer as possible. Please see our FAQs below.
For personal assistance, please contact us directly.
1. How to Order?
The ordering process is designed to be as simple and as quick as possible. There are no pictures to slow down the service and category selection and/or search displays the desired items immediately.
To place an order, the flow is as follows (click the actual links below):
- SHOP – this page may take up to 10 seconds to load initially as it loads all available items. However, once loaded, all items will be displayed.
- Choose Categories to see all items available in that category.
- Use the Search field above the item list which will immediately filter both relevant categories and specific items that meet the search criteria.
- Click Reset in order to search or see all items in a particular category again.
- Click Add to Cart or change the quantity and click Add to Cart.
- Click View Cart link to view items in the shopping cart at any time.
- CART – the Cart page allows for items to be removed or quantities updated. .
- CHECK OUT – to check out, choose curbside pickup or 869ToGo delivery option, choose delivery or pickup slot, enter your contact details and payment information. If you have purchased previously and are logged in, your information will be filled in already.
- Click the desired delivery or pickup option
- Choose the desired delivery or pickup slot.
- The billing details are for the person buying the groceries and usually is the same as the person/location receiving.
- Click the Deliver to a different location? checkbox if delivery location and or recipient are different to buyer.
- First time buyers will add an account password in the Create account password box
- Enter payment details in the Credit/Debit Card section. Card can be saved for future purchases.
- Click Place Order button to submit the order for payment and processing.
2. What Happens After Order is Placed?
Once you have placed your order, you can sit back and relax! Here’s what happens:
- As you place your order you will receive an email confirming that the order has been received and is being checked as well as items confirmed.
- Prior to finalisation of the order, in the unlikely event that there is an issue with the order (e.g. item gone out of stock) you will be contacted and order updated based on replacement or removal of items.
- Once reviewed the order status will be changed from On Hold to Processing and you will receive an email fully confirming the order and the final list of items to be provided.
- For curbside pickup orders, you will receive a completed order email once the order is packed and ready for pickup at Rams Express, Sugar Bay Club, Frigate Bay. To collect:
- Pull up outside the store, knock on the door or call the store on 465-4924.
- Show a form of ID
- We will load the bags into your car trunk trunk, and..
- You’re off!
- For delivery orders, at the same time as #3 above, you will also receive an email from the 869ToGo platform confirming the delivery time.
- When order is fully packed and available for 869ToGo to pickup you will receive an email confirmation.
- When 869ToGo picks up the order a delivery driver is on the way to you, you will receive both an email and an SMS text message from 869ToGo confirming the name of the driver and a link to track location.
- When the 869ToGo driver arrives at the delivery location you will receive an email and an SMS text notification.
- When order has been delivered you will receive an email notification that delivery is complete.
3. What is the My Account feature?
When placing your first order you will fill in a password and an account is created.
The My Account link will allow you to check the status of any current orders, including if any changes have been made to the order prior to delivery.
In addition, all previous orders are available in the My Account area and you can start a new order by clicking on one of those orders as a starting point for your shopping cart.
4. What is the delivery area?
The RamsToGo service will be available to all locations in St. Kitts. Nevis is currently under consideration and it will be determined if the service is to be expanded there at a later date.
5. How Long Does Delivery Take?
This is based on the time of the order and the available time slots. Here’s how it works:
- There are three time slots available daily, 9am-noon, noon to 4pm, 4pm to 7pm.
- Orders must be placed at least 120 minutes prior to any relevant time slot (e.g. in order to make the 9am time slot the order must be made by 7am)
- There are a certain amount of available deliveries per time slot. Once all deliveries per time slot have been taken, that time slot will become unavailable.
So the answer to this question depends on when you place the order and how many time slots are available. If there are available time slots deliveries can be facilitated within 5 hours!
6. What is the minimum order amount?
Initially, it has been determined that the minimum order amount (for the products in the basket) is EC$150.
7. Why is there a Bag Fee?
For deliveries and handling all groceries will be delivered in environmentally friendly, long lasting, reusable bags. This is to ensure that they arrive in the best condition possible.
8. What is the Online Convenience Fee?
Our platform partner (Caribbean Commerce Ltd.) bares a number of expenses and costs in providing the systems and operations to support the online ordering. This fee covers those costs.
In an effort to be as transparent as possible, it was decided to add the fee as a set 5% of the product order amount versus increasing the prices of the products to cover these additional costs. The price shown for the items is the same as the prices in store.